Brew a Delicious Cup For One
Brewing one cup just for yourself–no sharing, no compromising–can be a thing we take for granted. It's such an ordinary act and yet such an indulgence. We truly celebrate both sides of that coin at GDS, and encourage you to as well as you take (or leave) our tips for a delicious the one-cup brew.
1. Bring water to a boil and grind 20 to 22 grams (≈2 1/2 to 3 tbsp) of coffee to the coarseness of table salt.
2. First pour, bloom pour, is approximately 40g of water, just enough water to fully saturate grounds. The bloom pour is usually double the amount of coffee.
3. Wait 45 seconds. Wait closer to 60 seconds when your filter is new.
4. At 45-60 seconds, pour until the total water volume is 135g (about 1/3 of your cup’s volume). We recommend pouring in concentric circles, beginning and ending in the center with each pour.
5. Once the 2nd pour has almost completely dripped through, pour until 230g (about another 1/3 of your cup’s volume).
6. Once the 3rd pour has almost completely dripped through, pour until 325g (about the last 1/3).
7. Let it drip out and serve. Your final cup should be about 325 grams or 1 1/3 cup. Enjoy!
Your brew times will vary depending on lifecycle stage, but should generally be between 3-4 minutes. Adjust recipe to taste.